myFenix.app is the mobile app ecosystem to interact with our FenixEdu-based solutions, a hybrid of the omnis.cloud and Fenix-based worlds, put together in one single platform.
As the user adoption starts to grow, entering the everyday of thousands of people, we will be facing growing engineering challenges, from the scale itself to the always changing business needs that arise from such a community of users. To make things (a bit) more fun, the roadmap is being driven also by the app users, through suggestions mechanisms inbuilt in the app itself.
Integrated in the myfenix.app Project team, you will help planning and implementing the business modules of the solution, within our internal product-like roadmap and from the requirements and suggestions of end-users.
Every member of our team has to carry the message and culture inbuilt in our platforms, and being all this a collective effort, we want your contributes for those shared goals. We want you to bring your enthusiasm around technology, fueled by a spirit of work ethic and collaboration, eagerness to learn and teach, so we can all continue growing together.
What we expect
We favour any years of experience, ideally 2 or more, as we are searching for people with:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field around Information Systems; even if you do not have one, but if your experience can speak for itself, consider yourself eligible
- knowledge around software engineering principles like algorithms vs. complex data structures, object-oriented design and design strategies and patterns, both backend-oriented and UI/UX
- experience in software development in .NET Framework and C#
- experience with Android and/or iOS mobile apps architectures and development, ideally Xamarin
- knowledge around specific challenges in mobile-based information systems development: issues like network availability, device hardware limitations or OTA updates
- experience in Git-based source control and Continuous Delivery environments
- ability to work independently and as part of a team, coordinating others if needed
- ability to imagine, gather and structure requirements (within release management), especially involving customer/functional-based contexts
- (nice to have) experience with Domain-Driven Design and Software Transactional Memory paradigms
And in return …
There is a set of core values we try to rule ourselves by: excellence, discipline, efficiency, integrity, collaboration … besides that, here are the other things we consider the most important:
- being part of a company that (resiliently) grows and innovates by itself, with that being by-choice as much as by-need; and we as individuals must grow also, no matter the path
- competitive salary and the opportunity to evolve within our different areas (if desired)
- freedom to pursue personal interests, attempting to balance them with the company needs and goals (having always in mind that value creation is mandatory)
- health insurance + extra vacation/resting days
- a shared-costs model to attend conferences and events (that might relate to our work fields and goals)
- to be involved in collaboration projects and initiatives with academic partner institutions
- (when possible) performance bonus, in a mix of team+individual performance vs. qubIT results
We want you to bring your enthusiasm around technology, fueled by a spirit of work ethic and collaboration, eagerness to learn and teach, so we can all continue improving together!
PS: the data you’ve decided to provide us in applying to this job position can be deleted anytime by request to firstname.lastname@example.org